Friday, April 22, 2011

Is it trendy underwear or underoos for adults

Are you noticing that more gay men and their metrosexual brethren seem to be wearing what I can only refer to as underoos for adults. Whenever I'm at the gym I see men walking around in underwear that resembles the popular children's brand we all had as kids. I don't know why, but I find it unnerving to see a grown man at the gym taking off his shirt, tie and dress pants to be standing in some cartoonish boxer briefs discussing his plans for the evening.

Initially I thought it might be an age thing, but today at the gym I saw a guy my own age standing in Hello Kitty underwear. Everyone reading this must think I'm a crumudgeon, but I'm not. I really appreciate whimsy and have a great sense of humor, but this is one fashion trend that definitely escapes me. However, I will admit it was rather fun pulling down these photos from online. Now if only all the men buying this underwear looked like these models maybe it wouldn't bother me quite so much.

I won't even bother to comment on underwear that tries to be cute or make a statement, because I will sound like a grumpy old man. However, I may have to revisit this if only to find more photos to rail against in a later post -LoL-.

12 comments:

Writer said...

I love every pair of underwear you showed in your post. I love underwear like this and have a pair - their ginch gonch with firetrucks on them, but I get what you mean.

I think I'd stear clear of Hello Kitty underwear myself. Now...Hello Cthulu undies...I'm there! :)

Tony (LT) said...

I'm with you on this. I've always called them "grown up underoos," too. I think a certain mind of guy can pull off wearing them. But most need to just pull them off period.

queer heaven said...

I find them VERY fun and sexy! And isn't that what a guy in underwear is supposed to be.. Fun & Sexy?

A Lewis said...

I have those Baskit shorts. There are a whole slew of colorful panties out nowadays.

Buddy Bear said...

If a hot guy was wearing those undies, I wouldn't kick him out of my bed.

SteveA said...

I think it's a secret kink to wear those underoos beneath say your work pants or suit! I just find it a bit unexpecting and provides a fun (and sexy) side to the person!

Anonymous said...

To carry it off well, you do need a nice body. It's sorta like spandex - a privilege, not a right. :)

x said...

I'm with you Bos Guy-- white briefs that show and patterned boxers that humbly disguise are more my speed.

Lenny Donnarumma said...

I like most of 'em except the Ed Hardy - altho they're not bad. Ed is just getting stale.

It ads fun, variety & surprise when you're dis-robing your new found trick for the night Haha ~ L

Kyle Leach said...

I love them; can't get enough. Mens clothing is kind of blah, so seeing these makes me a little hopeful that we aren't completely lost as a sex. I can completely understand some people not getting it or not finding it sexy. That doesn't make them old or close minded. Their are plenty of fashions, for both men and women that I don't get or find sexy, yet others find them just the opposite. To each his own.

Wonder Man said...

Honestly, I never understood why folks would pay a lot money for underwear. It's underwear! If it was jeans or shoes, I would get it. But underwear? I buy them in 5 pks for 10.99

Pyro said...

So many people are so serious. Have a little fun. Besides, if they are comfortable and you like wearing them, who cares?